Monday, July 7, 2008

back in the saddle

Last week I agreed to help out a brick and mortar church. I said yes to the request to serve as their supply pastor. What this means is that I will fill the pulpit for them for a while until they can secure a permanent pastor. Hopefully this helps illustrate that I do not indeed have any disdain for the brick and mortar church. This church is full of wonderful people who are serving God and living in relationship with him the best they can in the best way they know how. I am more than happy to help for a while.

It certainly throws a small wrench into our current plans, especially as they concern our gathering with another family. It may turn out to be a constructive wrench as we are forced to abandon even the idea of a Sunday morning gathering. I don't know how long this arrangement will last. I'm just happy to help the folks of Bethel Wesleyan Church out and continue to move my own family forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck!