Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 1 - Here we go!

Welcome to my faith journey. I hope you took the time to read the left hand column to see why I'm doing this. Unfortunately, it was impossible to fully explain it all without writing a 25 page thesis. So I tried to hit the highlights. There are lots of reasons and those close to me will recognize some of the hurt and disillusionment I'm experiencing come through. But today I want to begin with the positive elements motivating this experiment.

I'm excited about helping people outside the influence of the brick and mortar church find their meaning and purpose in relationship with their divine creator. A lot of people will never cross the threshold of a church building except to attend a wedding or a funeral. I may call myself a pastor without a flock, but it's probably more accurate to say I'm a pastor without a church building and organization.

I'm excited about experiencing my own relationship with God without some of the organizational trappings that I have thrown upon myself. I'm excited about experiencing my relationship with God personally instead of professionally. I'm excited about sharing this all with you.

I know this will raise many questions and genuine concerns. Feel free to share them with me. I hope that many of them will become clear in the coming weeks anyway. Come back often as I will be continually adding links and comments. It would be really cool if anyone out there has a some kind of futuristic direct brain-blog link so I could post all my thoughts as they happen. Until then, I'll do my best to keep you up to date.

No comments: